Friday, September 4, 2009

Fight fight fight for Washington State...



Guess what time it is?! College football season!! Now i am not much of a sports fan, but i do have to say, i love me some college football and college basketball. Especially my beloved WSU. I know Cougar football hasn't been the greatest of teams lately, but i am still a die-hard fan, and i am going to think positive ; )
I went to a Cougar tailgate event last year and on the handouts they had this quote from Jim Walden, head football coach in the 70's and 80's.

"I can't define it; I can't tell somebody who isn't a Cougar what it's like.
There's something that happens at Washington State, you quietly and subtly become infected. There are very few people I've ever met who have gone to WSU and not come away with a favorable impression...Washington State was a passion. Being a Cougar is a passion."

Since I graduated from WSU in 2005 i've come across a lot of people who hate on the Cougs and bash them when they are having a bad season. I wish i could give them this quote, because you really can't explain it to someone who's never gone to school there.

So needless to say, I am excited to go to Cougs vs. Stanford tomorrow! Other then a game in November, this is the only game i could attend due to my work schedule since i work every other weekend. However, my husband just informed me that WSU is having a swine flu outbreak!!! Now it did cross my mind for a split second to run to work and grab some face masks, but i held back. I don't want to look like an idiot =)
Who is your favorite college sports team?
Go Cougs!!
Photobucket

No comments: