Thursday, April 9, 2009

a teaspoon of this, a teaspoon of that...


If you read my blog last week, you will remember that i have been in a cooking mood. Well that hasn't went away. I've been looking up new recipes to try and i tried a quick one today that is pictured above. It is powdered sugar crisps, but with my own twist. It has powdered sugar but i also added a light vanilla/coconut frosting that i made. I made some with just powdered sugar and some with the frosting. They did not turn out too shabby, for being healthy =) 
Whenever i try new recipes, i always to try and make it a little bit healthier. Like i use non-fat sour cream instead of regular, or use my yogurt butter instead of regular butter. It makes me feel better about eating it!
 

I recently found out about farm chicks, and their book is pictured above. They are two women from the Spokane area who kind of remind me of Martha Stewart! They have a book with recipes, a blog, and a website. They don't just do cooking though, they also do crafts and they have an annual antique show. They describe themselves as farm girl meets fifth avenue. I am definitely no farm girl, but i enjoy their book and website/blog! They are having a book signing here in tri-cities next week, so i may have to go have my book signed! 

If anyone has any good/healthy recipes, i am always looking for new ones!

No comments: