Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bloom

Does anyone else feel a sense of renewal and accomplishment whenever you read the last line of a really good book? Or smile when you close the book after you finish it and just stare at the cover? Or when you put that finished book on your bookshelf, next to all your favorites, and let your hand linger on the spine for a brief second? No? Just me? Alright.
I crave that feeling I get whenever I finish a good read, especially one that has so much meaning to it, and I feel like I just got a weeks worth of therapy out of a $20 book. Let me tell you about one of those books folks...



                                            

I've followed Kelle's blog for a few years now. I have no idea how I stumbled across it, but the very first post I read of hers was her daughter's birth story. Wow, if you want to cry your heart out, read her birth story. Not only did her post make me fall in love with her writing, but her pictures started off my love of photography. She's an amazing writer and photographer, and lucky for us, she put it all into a book.

It's a beautiful book. It's about exactly what is written on the cover...finding beauty in the unexpected. It'll seriously make you laugh and cry, but mostly cry : ) Seriously people, go out and read it!

No comments: