Monday, June 28, 2010

The view from here with a side of angel wings

We finally purchased our first patio set and I l-o-v-e it! It only took us three years and a million trips to different stores to find it, but hey, we found it! I had a vision of what I wanted our patio furniture to be and I couldn't find it for the life of me anywhere. Every summer I would be on the look out for the perfect one for us, but I never saw it. Then this weekend, Saturday to be exact, I told Justin "we are going to go buy a set, whether we find the perfect one or not." I wanted to sit outside and eat dinner at this table and I was willing to compromise my perfect idea to get one. But lucky us, we found the perfect one at Fred Meyer, who would have thought?!
Side note: I am having a love hate relationship with blogger. It was giving me trouble uploading my pictures and I fight with it daily to put my pictures in the order I want. So pictures are a little out of order, if anyone knows how to fix it, please let me know!



Here I am enjoying sitting outside on our new furniture!


Here it is. It is starting to get super hot outside, especially in our neighborhood since we don't have many trees to provide shade. I was worried it would be too hot to sit outside most days, but with the umbrella out, it provides awesome shade.

The view from our backyard (ignore our undone backyard. It's a work in progess). Oh, and the term the Evergreen state only applies to western WA =)


And lastly, my angel wings. By now hopefully you all know how much I love angel wings, since I do have it etched in my skin forever =) I found not one, but two different angel wing necklaces in D.C. while I was doing some shopping. It is hard to find angel wing pieces. Or I should say it is hard to find angel wings that I love. I have a pair of earrings that my tattoo is modeled after. But I am in love with this necklace. The other necklace I found is similar to this but it's shorter and I forgot to take a picture of it.
So needless to say sitting outside on my new patio furniture wearing my angel wing necklace turned out to the be the perfect day! Simple pleasures I guess =)

Happy Monday my friends,

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice patio set! We bought our first one too a few weeks ago, YAY! It is so nice to sit outside when it's nice and eat a meal out there. Enjoy!

Erin said...

I LOVE THIS POST! We are hunting for a patio set too, to no avail at this point :) But you've given me hope. It looks great! Congrats! And your necklace is beautiful ;)

Erin said...

oh, try uploading the 'new editor' to your blogger, that should allow you to insert the pics where you put your curser w/in the entry. email me if you have questions :)