Wednesday, June 2, 2010

We're not in Kansas anymore!

For those of you that didn't know, I was in Kansas this past Memorial Day weekend to visit family. Family I haven't seen in years. I moved to WA from Kansas when I was about 7 years old and have only been back a few times since then. I have a.lot of family there and a weekend was not enough time to catch up! But we did our best and I really enjoyed it there. It's funny to see how after all these years, some people are just as you remember them. And houses seem bigger in your memories than in real life. And your love for your family you haven't seen in forever is still there.

(Don't mind my bad hair day up above. It was late and a long day!) I took many pictures but didn't want to upload them all since it takes f.o.r.e.v.e.r to upload them onto blogger. If anyone has any suggestions on how to speed up that process, I'm all ears! Above is my uncle, me, and my cousin.
I was expecting hot weather there, but not wind. I absolutely hate the wind! We have enough wind here in Washington, I was hoping to get away from it. But nope, it seemed even worse in Kansas! *sigh* Oh well, at least it was still hot most of the weekend.

Can you spot me?! Hint, I'm in the front row ; ) This is my family on my dad's side. I love how in large group pictures, there are always people doing random things, and not every single person is smiling at the camera. Haha! I wish we could have spent more time there, and I hope it's not another 10 years before I see them again.
However, I did have a pretty important reason to head back. My friend's baby was born on the day I flew home! I kept telling her to hold him in until I get back! So he was born one hour before I landed in Washington. At least he waited until the day I came back, what a good boy ; ) Pictures and a post on him coming soon.

Happy Wednesday my friends,

Photobucket

No comments: