Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Welcome snow!

We got dumped on Sunday night and all yesterday with snow. I wasn't looking forward to the snow, but once it was here, I got super excited! I love it when it's so thick and a winter wonderland outside. I have been sitting cozy in my house all day yesterday and today, but have to venture outside tonight for work. Not going to enjoy that. Nor will I enjoy when the snow melts and all we are left with is mushy brown snow. But until then, I will inhale and enjoy what I have in front of me.


When the snow is so white outside, and you open up all your blinds, the snow lights up your house with it's whiteness...that's what I love.


When you get all bundled up with your boots, coats, scarves, and gloves to venture outside, and the chilliness stings your cheeks a little bit. Then you come back inside with pink cheeks and the warmness in the house stings your cheeks once more...that's what I love.


When the snow is a blanket on all things bad and for just a day or two, you don't have to think about what lays underneath. You give yourself a pass to not think about "the have to's" and just pretend it doesn't exist...that's what I love.


When it's feels obligatory to eat warm soups, grilled cheeses, and drink hot cocoa...that's what I love.


When you put on your boots and hear the crunching sound you make on the snow...that's what I love.


And having a warm house with all the people I love inside of it...well that is just the icing on the cake.

Happy Tuesday,
Photobucket

No comments: