Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Looking forward

What does looking back accomplish? Is it just to remind us of the pain we endured and the tears we cried? Because maybe the pain and tears are reminders of that special something, the "what'if's", the "what could have beens." If we re-live the pain, that means we are not forgetting. Sometimes we are scared of looking forward, in fear we will forget why we cried in the first place. Looking forward means moving forward. Moving on with our lives. And that is just plain scary.

The one part of moving forward I have a problem with are the painful reminders of what could have been. I will forever hate Wednesdays because those were the days I was on to the next week. That meant one week was down and I was on to the next one. Pregnancy is a countdown, with all the special dates memorized in our heads. What sucks is when the pregnancy is no longer, what are you left with? Still, the special dates in your head.
So instead of looking forward to those painful reminders, I am looking forward towards other things. Even if they are little, they are distractions. And they are very welcome at this point.
Here they are:


-I got the go ahead to exercise again! I haven't done any form of exercise since February. Believe it or not, I am excited to start. I desperately need it. I love going to classes like BodyCombat and BodyPump, but for now, I will start slow and do the machines. Oh, and if I could look like the girl in the above picture, that would be an added bonus!

-Vacation! So far I only have one planned. Going to Kansas to see family. But I would like to do mini-vacays this summer. Maybe going camping, or to the Oregon Coast. I would love to go to Cali but not sure how realistic that is. I love Cali, especially southern Cali. If I could live there, I would jump at the chance in a heartbeat!

-Yardwork. Yeah, I know, that is no fun but our backyard/sideyard desperately needs some tender loving care. Actually, Justin does most of the yardwork, but I would love to see it done =) When it's all done, I would love to sit outside (when we buy a table) in the summer evenings. That has been my dream for the past couple summers, so we will see if it comes true this summer.

-Aviator sunglasses! Love them! Right now I only have one but plan on adding to my collection now. I bought my first pair in Mexico when we were on our honeymoon. They were $8 and I absolutely love them!

Just a few things I am looking forward too. I will add to my list in later posts.

Happy Wednesday (*sigh*) my friends,

Photobucket

1 comment:

Lara said...

I know exactly what you mean about disliking Wednesdays now. Mine are Fridays. I hate that I can't get rid of those dates in my head, because it's like a ticking time bomb...knowing they are there and I'll have to face them.

On the other hand, I'm so glad you have all those things to look forward to! It's so refreshing to have something that makes you smile.