Friday, May 21, 2010

To pass the time

When your recent life has been consumed by one thing, how do you possibly go about weaning yourself off of it, and find something new to focus on? The past 4-5 months or so have been pregnancy focused. I was either pregnant, scared my pregnancy was ending, or wading through the after effects of a pregnancy loss. I got the go ahead from my Dr. to try again after 1-3 months, whichever I preferred. I chose to wait the full three months to give my body (and mind) some time to heal. My poor body has been through a lot in the past 5 months (with 2 miscarriages), and I think it needs a rest for a bit.
So what to do?! I guess it's easy to say that getting on with my life would be a start. But how do you do that when a piece of your heart is gone and you are a changed person than before? Well my answer would be, not easily. But it gets better. It also helps that the sun is starting to shine and sunshine makes me a happier person all around. I still do the same things as before: I love to read, watch my reality shows on T.V., shop etc... But I also found some new things to occupy my time.


You all know I am taking up photography, and so far I am loving it. I knew absolutely nothing about taking pictures so it will be a long learning process. I play around with my camera, and read up on photography books and websites.

I got into exercising again. Day 1 is always the hardest, but once I go, I get into a routine and actually enjoy working out. It gives me more energy and clears my head too.

We will be taking two adventures, I'm excited! First we will be going to Kansas to visit family and then heading to the east coast! Justin is going to the east side for work training and I will be tagging along because I've never been that way. Washington D.C. will be somewhat close-by and hopefully we will be able to do some sight-seeing.

Things to look forward too. That's all I could ask for right now =)

Happy Friday my friends,


<span class=

3 comments:

Erin said...

I started seriously getting back into exercise this week - hurt a lot on Monday but def better today! Makes me feel good and strong as well! Keep at it girl :)

Lara said...

It sounds like you have a lot going for you right now!! I hope that your little miracle comes along soon.

Let me know if you have any photography questions! ;)

A said...

I love that you are taking up photography! It really is an amazing form of art. Sounds as if you are heaing a little every day... keep it going.