Monday, October 4, 2010

Couch potato

I love the days when I am a hermit. I don't like the circumstances surrounding it, but nonetheless, I enjoy locking myself up at home. Seriously. I sit myself right on the couch because let's face it, no one wants to be doing anything while going through a miscarriage. And at this moment in time, I don't feel like writing another post about a miscarriage, so I will talk about other things. I'm sure no one is reading this blog anymore anyway since they have all been debbie-downer posts. I don't blame them.
Back to the couch potato thing. I'm not going to lie, I do this a lot. Thanks to my job, I have many weekdays where I don't work and get most of the whole day to myself. Some days I enjoy the quiet times, other times it's quite boring. This is the time where I catch up on my recorded TV shows. I really should use the time to clean the house, but I'd much rather be bumming around in my pajamas. And although I hate being sick, I do enjoy laying on the couch and having no responsibilities, because my only job at that time is to get better. So on the days I play couch potato and I'm perfectly fine, I feel a bit guilty. Because there are so many other things I could be doing that would be productive.
Sadly though, tomorrow I must get off the couch and venture outside. That is, if my body permits it. A family called me today that is interested in Takia, our foster dog. They would like to meet her. So tomorrow we have a scheduled meet and greet. I could let Justin just take her himself, but I would really like to be there. I feel very protective of her and want to meet her potential new owners. I'm not going to lie, I was sad for a second to think that she could be leaving us. I know the ultimate goal is adoption, that's the whole point we are doing this for, so she can find her forever family. But after taking care of her, she has become a part of our family, and I just want her to go to a great home. I'll let you all know how it goes.
I did take a picture of her but then I accidentally deleted it, thinking I had already uploaded it to my computer when in reality I hadn't yet. And since I'm being lazy today, it's not happening today either =) Back to doing nothing,

Happy Monday my friends,
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lara said...

You have every right to be a couch potato! You're going through another horrific life event, and you can't be expected to be puppies and rainbows and continuing like nothing happened. I hope the foster dog visit goes well and is a good distraction, though!