Tuesday, January 4, 2011

30 day blog challenge- day 1

I've never done one of these but thought I'd give it a try since I've been a bad bad blogger lately. The goal is for one post a day, and if we are lucky, maybe two! But who are we kidding, I'll probably only get the one post up. Who knows though, it's a new year, (maybe?) new me?!


It is a 30 day blog challenge, here are the challenges for each day:


Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3-Your first love
Day 4-Your parents
Day 5-Your siblings
Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7-Favorite movies
Day 8-A place you've traveled to
Day 9-A picture of your friends
Day 10-Something you're afraid of
Day 11-Favorite TV shows
Day 12-What you believe
Day 13-Goals
Day 14-A picture you love
Day 15-Bible verse
Day 16-Dream house
Day 17-Something you're looking forward to
Day 18-Something you regret
Day 19-Something you miss
Day 20-Nicknames
Day 21-Picture of yourself
Day 22-Favorite city
Day 23-Favorite vacation
Day 24-Something you've learned
Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Day 26-Picture of your family
Day 27-Pets
Day 28-Something that stresses you out
Day 29-3 Wishes
Day 30-a picture




Day 1- Introduction, recent picture and 15 interesting facts-

I think you all at least know my name, Elise, and my husband is Justin. We have been married for 2 1/2 years, but have been together for about 10 years. We both went to WSU and are die-hard coug fans. I am a nurse and work in the NICU full time and love my job. I work a crazy night shift schedule and love it, can't see myself anywhere else. We are a house of many pets which include two dogs, two cats, and a rabbit that lives outside in the backyard. Just recently, we became a foster home for dogs and are currently fostering our third dog Tucker. It hasn't been the easiest thing to do to take in a new dog every couple months or so, especially since they've all been young and needed housetraining and basic training. However, the reward is so sweet! To see them go to their forever home makes it all worthwhile, for me anyway =) I am the most amateur photographer ever, but I enjoy it and hope to just get better at it.


This picture was actually taken last fall, but I don't think I've changed much since then, so I'm using it.

15 interesting facts-

1. I am a gossip news junkie. I will read US magazine, People, OK, In Touch etc... I will also check USmagazine.com and People.com no less then three times a day each.
2. I live off quotes and think they are so inspiring. I used to have a huge book of quotes I collected but have  no idea what happened to them. I am in the process of collecting them again.
3. It takes me about 30-40 minutes to blow dry and straighten my hair, depending on the day. On a really good day, I can get it done in 20.
4. I don't do baths. I don't like the idea of laying around in your own dirt. I also don't do pools and hot tubs for that same reason, plus swimming around in other people's dirt. Although I do like swimming and do get in pools, I have to fight myself on it!
5. Medical stuff fascinate me. Good thing I'm a nurse ; ) I don't get tired of all the medical shows on TV either, I can watch them for days.
6. I never and will never get my wisdom teeth in.
7. The minute I get home, I go straight to my closet and put on my sweats and comfy clothes.
8. I'm not too sure how I feel about the Nook or any e-reader. There's just something about the excitement of buying a new book and holding it while I'm reading. Then putting it in my book collection once I'm done. Don't know if I can give that up or not.
9. I tore my ACL in high school track and field. We were practicing the high jump by jumping against the big blue mats, and graceful me found some way to tear my knee.
10. I can't wear my contacts as much as I'd like. I have extremely dry eyes and it starts to hurt if I wear my contacts all day.
11. Up until a year ago, I hated the taste of water. I literally couldn't stomach it really. I made myself start drinking it more, and now it doesn't bother me, I actually like it =)
12. I remember exactly where I was on 9/11. I was a freshman in college. It was a tuesday and I had no classes on tuesdays so I was sleeping in. My roommate came in and woke me up and turned on the TV.
13. Even though I desperately want to live by the ocean, I am scared of it. The vast, open, never ending oceans frightens me.
14. Every time I drive through a yellow light, I kiss my finger and touch the ceiling.
15. When I was in nursing school, I used to run on the treadmill 45 minutes a day and do 500 sit ups, on average 5 days a week.

Don't know how interesting these tidbits were, but at least I did them!

See you tomorrow!

Happy Tuesday,

Photobucket

No comments: