Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Skye


Meet Skye, the newest member of the family...not a permanent one though!! Nope, I am so excited to share with you all that we are a foster home for POPP. It stands for Pets Over Population Prevention and is a local animal shelter here. I have been wanting to do this for some time now and finally went through the process of being a foster home. If you know me at all, or have been reading my blog, you should know that I am a huge animal lover and advocate. Nothing breaks my heart more then to hear stories of animals be abused or abandoned. In fact I will not read articles about it, or even watch the ASPCA commercials because I will start bawling. I wanted to help in some way but didn't know how. Then I went to their website to see what I could do and this instantly caught my attention.
Yes, we do have enough animals in our home. Yes, we are always trying to keep up on the constant shedding around the house. Yes, sometimes our animals can get on our nerves. Yes, sometimes animals are a lot of work. But, knowing that we could help save an animal's life and give them the love some of them have never known trumps all that.
Skye is our first and will not be our last. I plan on opening up my home to many dogs in the future until they find a loving home of their own. She is lucky enough to already have gotten adopted. However, her new owners aren't able to take her until the beginning of August and the shelter doesn't always have enough room. So we are lovingly taking care of her until she can go to her permanent home.
Yesterday I saw that she had a tag on her collar and got a knot in my throat when I read what it said on it...

"I am loved.
POPP foster pet"




Yes Skye, you are loved.

Happy Tuesday my friends,

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless you for being willing and kind to take these animals into your home. :)