Thursday, December 15, 2011

Perspective

Being a mommy is tough work. Not in the day to day routine (although sometimes lack of sleep can be rough), but in trying to raise the best little man I can. Trying to make sure he gets enough stimulation time and we are doing everything we can for him developmentally. Trying to protect him as much as we can so he doesn't get sick (but not quite making him bubble boy yet). Hoping he's gaining weight as he should be. They weren't kidding saying that the worry continues after delivery.
I'm trying to soak every little thing of him in as much as I can, especially before I go back to work. Even when we are up at 2:30 in the morning, and he is wide awake. ; ) It can be frustrating for a minute when I am super sleep deprived and he won't go to sleep, but it doesn't last longer than a minute usually. Because then I think about where I was a year ago and how many nights I prayed to be doing exactly this.
A year ago I was going through yet another miscarriage, thinking that having a baby during the holidays seemed so far away. What a difference a year makes. And how I truly am thankful and blessed this holiday season for everything I have. Yes, the presents are nice. The food is good. The Christmas music is fun. But having your little family together and healthy? Well that is what Christmas really is about.


Part 2 of the Christmas post coming soon!

No comments: